Gobi Manchurian By sonaprem
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5312 times
Enjoy the flour coated Manchurian balls made from cauliflowers or gobhi in the Gobi Manchurian recipe with rice or noodles. The sweet and spicy Manchurian sauces makes the gobhi Manchurian a much sought after dish in Oriental cuisine.
- Wash the cauliflower florets, sprinkle a little salt and ajinomoto and set aside for 5 minutes.
- Combine all the ingredients mentioned under batter. beat well and prepare a thick coating batter.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. dip the cauliflorets one by one in the batter and deep fry.
- Drain when golden brown. set aside.
- Heat 2 table spoons of oil in a pan. add the spring onions, ginger, garlic and green chilies. fry for ½ minute.
- Add the stock, pepper, soya sauce, sugar, ajinomoto and salt. simmer uncovered for 1 minute.
- Add the cornflour mixed with water and stir continuously, so that the sauce becomes thick.
- Add the fried cauliflowerets just before serving.
- Garnish with spring onion tops.
This recipe was contributed by sonaprem on 13 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.