Gobi Manchurian By kamalasrinivas
This recipe has been viewed 7971 times
One of the simplest and most popular Chinese vegetable preparation, gobi Manchurian is prepared from grated cauliflower florets .The gobi manchurian is a perfect dish to be paired with noodles and soup.
- Boil the florettes for 3-4 minutes in plenty of water, to which a tbsp. of milk has been added.
- Drain and pat dry on a clean cloth.
- Make thin batter out of flour and 2 tbsp.cornflour, adding 1/4 tsp. each of ginger and garlic and red chilli powder and salt to taste.
- Dip the florettes in the batter one by one and deep fry in hot oil. keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add remaining ginger, garlic and crushed red chilli and fry for a minute.
- Add the salt and spring onions.
- Stir fry for a minute. add 1 1/2 cups water and bring to a boil.
- Add 1 tbsp. cornflour to 1/4 cup water and dissolve well.
- Gradually add to the gravy and stir continuously till it resumes boiling.
- Boil till the gravy becomes transparent. add florettes and soya sauce.
- Boil for two more minutes and remove.
- Serve hot with noodles or rice.
- Dry manchurian can be made by omitting the gravy.
- Make florettes as above and instead of adding water as above, add fried florettes, spring onions and soya sauce at this stage.
- Sprinkle 1 tsp. cornflour on the florettes and stirfry for 2 minutes.
- Serve piping hot with toothpicks or miniforks and chilligarlic sauce or tomato sauce.
- Same procedure for veg. manchurian (with gravy or dry), but instead of using only cauliflower, use finely chopped minced vegetables and bind with some cornflour or bread crumbs and make small lumps the size of a pingpong ball.
- Fry as above and proceed as above.
This recipe was contributed by kamalasrinivas on 14 May 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.