Gobi De Parathe
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 26 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 9635 times
Gobi is an ideal stuffing for parathas. Once grated, it cooks quickly along with the paratha itself, and imbibes the flavours of the added spices well, making the paratha very toothsome indeed. Apart from standard ingredients like coriander, green chillies and ginger, the stuffing for this version of gobi de parathe also includes anardana powder, which lends an aromatic and tangy finish to it.
- Combine the wheat flour and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 8 equal portions and keep aside.
- Divide the stuffing into 4 equal portions and keep aside.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the stuffing evenly all over the roti and cover with another roti.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and grease it lightly using a little oil.
- Cook the paratha, using a little oil, till it turns golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to make 3 more parathas.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per paratha
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.