Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6393 times
Cook capsicum and tomatoes upto an extent you like it to be.
serve hot with hot parathas.
Add your private note
Gobhi takatak recipe - How to make Gobhi takatak
Cooking Time: Total Time:
Cauliflower 500gms Heads Chopped.
1 Big Tomatoe chopped to 1 inch cubes.
1 Small Capsicum chopped to 1 inch cubes.1/4 cup curds (dahi)
Coriander 1 heaped Teaspoon
Red Pepper 1 Leveled Teaspoon salt to taste
Oil for frying and 2 Teaspoon four sauteing
Garam Masala 1/4th Teaspoon
Kasoori Methi 4-5 Table spoon (Dried Fenugreek Leaves chopped)
Cumin Seeds 1/2 Teaspoon
- In a pan pour oil and fry cauliflower heads until light golden brown. fry all and keep aside.
- In another pan take 2 teaspoon oil and when hot, put cumin seeds. wait till they turn golden brown and put in chopped capsicum. when capsicum are half cooked, put in the chopped tomatoes until they are soft and start to turn into gravy.
- Add the fried cauliflowers to it and mix well.
- Once done, cook for 5-6 mins on low flame. add all spices except kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves) to the curd, and mix the paste.
- Add the paste to the vegetables and mix it thoroughly. cook for another 5-6 minutes. add the kasoori methi (fenugreek leaves), mix and cook for 2-3 minutes.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#434879 on 08 Jan 2009
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.