Gobhi Shalgam Gajar Da Achaar
by rajni ahuja
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112841 times
Gobhi shalgam gajar da achaar is a north indian pickle recipe of preserving vegetables like cauliflower(gobi), shalgam(turnip) and gajar(carrot) in oil and salt.
- Cut clean gobi florets big enough, just separated from gobi,
- Boil water in a deep pan, add the cauliflower and blanch till the colour changes.
- Blanch the carrots and turnip till just soft, drain and keep aside.
- Spread all the vegetables by spreading on the cloth. Keep aside.
- Combine the ginger and garlic and blend in a mixer into a smooth paste.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai, add the paste and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add the remaining masalas and saute for 3 minutes.
- Add the red chilli and saute for 1 minute.
- Cool, add the vegetables and toss well. Keep aside.
- In another pan, heat the vinegar and add the jaggery and mix well till the jaggery dissolves.
- Sieve the mixture and add to the achaar and mix well.
- Cover and keep aside for a week.
- Serve as required.
This recipe was contributed by rajni ahuja on 31 Aug 20111.Iam senior citizen,aged72 yrs,
retired deputy librarian from IIT kharagpur ,
42 years of experie...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.