Goan Kesar Rice Or Sakhar Bhaat
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 24461 times
Goan Kesari rice or sakhar bhaat is a sweet rice preparation flavored with saffron or kesar. The addition of whole spices like cloves and cardamoms along with chopped nuts and sugar in kesari bhaat taste amazing.
- Soak rice in water for about 2 minutes and then drain the rice and remove it on a plain white paper so that rice gets soft and seperated.
- In a pan take 2tsp pure ghee adn when the ghee is hot add 4-5 lavang pieces.
- In this add rice, fry it for about 5-8 minutes (see that it does not turn brown).add a pinch of kesar for color and add elaichi powder and salt to taste.
- Then add water(water should be in double amount of rice).
- When buubbles start coming keep on low flame so that the water in rice gets completely dried. when the water is dried cover it with a lid and let it be cook on slow flame for exactly 10 minutes.
- Now add sugar and for garnishing add sliced pieces of kaju, kismis and badam.
- The goan kesar rice 0r sakharbhat is ready to serve.
This recipe was contributed by triptigp on 05 Aug 2019
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.