Goan Egg Curry
Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 22295 times
Delve into the magical and authentic Goan cuisine with the mouthwatering Goan egg curry. The boiled eggs are cut into halves and the dropped to a spicy red colored coconut based spicy curry. Enjoy with rice or rotis.
- Grind the coconut, garlic, ginger, and the roasted ingredients to a fine paste.
- Heat oil, add onions and curry leaves and stir fry, till the onions are a golden colour.
- Add the tomatoes and stir fry till fat separates, and add the ground paste, garam masala, turmeric and salt, and stir fry till fat separates again.
- Add about 2 cups water and mix well. when it comes to a boil, lower heat and simmer 8-10 minutes.
- Add coconut cream and tamarind, bring to a boil, then simmer 2-3 minutes.
- Add eggs and serve hot garnished with the coriander leaves
This recipe was contributed by vinodsharma on 23 Jan 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.