Goan Curry ( Microwave Recipe )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 22 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 12557 times
Goan cuisine embodies the coastal spirit. Luscious, lazy, pampering, loaded with coconuts and spices… one cannot help but nod off after a hearty meal! try goan culinary magic at home. Make a beginning with this simple goan curry. The coconut-based gravy imparts a delicious creamy flavour, making it a perfect accompaniment for hot, steamed rice. The paste is comprised of several aromatic spices, many of which are grown locally in the region, goa being well-known as a land of spices.
- Put the oil in a small microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 20 seconds.
- Add the poppy seeds, cinnamon, clove, peppercorns, coriander seeds and red chillies, mix well and microwave on high for 30 seconds.
- Add the onions and garlic, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Add the coconut, mix well and microwave on high for 5 minutes, stirring once in between after 2½ minutes. Keep aside to cool.
- Blend in a mixer to a smooth paste, using 6 tbsp of water and keep aside.
- Combine the green peas and ½ cup of water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 3 minutes. Drain and keep aside.
- Add the potatoes along with ½ cup of water, mix well and microwave on high for 10 minutes, stirring once in between after 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, paste, green peas, tomato purée and salt, mix well and microwave on high for 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||147.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||20.8 mg|
|Folic Acid||21.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.