Gluten- Free Chocolate Sponge Cake
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 40 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 27432 times
If you thought making gluten-free cakes was an impossible task, you will love this jowar flour version of a basic chocolate sponge. Decorate this healthy option with whipped cream, cherries, chocolate garnishes and no one will know the difference!
- Sieve the jowar flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together and keep aside.
- Combine the curds, milk, powdered sugar, melted butter, vanilla essence and whisk well.
- Add the prepared sieved jowar flour-cocoa mixture and 2 tbsp of water and fold with help of a spatula.
- The batter should be of dropping consistency.
- Grease the cake tin with butter on all the sides.
- Dust with jowar flour and sift to ensure uniform distribution of the flour. Shake and tap the tin to remove the excess flour.
- Pour the prepared cake batter into a greased and dusted 175 mm. (7”) diameter tin and spread it evenly.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360°f) for 50 to 55 minutes or till done.
- The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and is springy to touch.
- When ready, remove from the oven, invert the tin over a plate and tap sharply to unmould the sponge.
- Serve immediately.
- You can grind the sugar in a mixer to get powdered sugar.
- The batter made at step 4, can be poured into small paper cups and put in a microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from the microwave, cool slightly and serve.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per slice
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.