Glazed Mushroom and Snow Peas Stir Fry
by Shreya Jaiswal
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4332 times
Two types of mushrooms and snow peas in a sweet and spicy sauce served over steamed rice.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a wok over high heat.
- Add both the mushrooms and toss.
- Allow the mushrooms to cook for a few minutes until they start to release water.
- Add the glaze and bring to boil, stirring occasionally.
- When barely any more liquid remains take the mushrooms off the heat and set them aside in a bowl.
- In the same wok heat the remaining 2 tbsp oil and add the garlic, ginger, and chilli flakes and cook until fragrant.
- Add the snow peas and green onions and toss for about 30 more seconds.
- Make the sauce by whisking together the , soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, cooking wine or sherry, and the corn starch in a bowl and set that aside as well.
- Increase heat to high, add the soy sauce, honey, vinegar, stock and corn flour slurry and allow the mixture to come to a boil. The sauce will thicken considerably.
- Add the mushrooms back to the mixture and cook for about 20 more seconds.
- Take off the heat.
- Serve over rice and garnish with spring onion greens.
This recipe was contributed by Shreya Jaiswal on 27 Oct 2012Hi I am Shreya from Nagpur. I am an Interior Designer by profession.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.