Gladioli Bahar ( Vegetable and Fruit Carvings)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 8 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8911 times
Fashion stylish stems of gladioli’s from drumsticks and beetroot to make elegant centre piece conversations!
Add your private note
Gladioli Bahar ( Vegetable and Fruit Carvings) recipe - How to make Gladioli Bahar ( Vegetable and Fruit Carvings)
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time: Total Time:
Makes 2 to 3 flowers
- Leave about 1” from the top of the drumsticks and working downwards, make deep cuts to create flaps, piercing almost to the middle of the drumstick. Make such deep cuts on alternate sides till the end of the drumsticks. Keep aside.
- Peel the radish using a peeler and cut oval shaped radish slices using a knife diagonally.
- Place the radish slice on a chopping board and fold one side of the radish.
- Fold the other side of the radish over the first one.
- Take the folded radish piece and place it in between the flaps on the drumstick. Secure it using pin. Repeat the steps 1 to 5 to make similar blooms with beetroot and attach it to the drumstick (the stalk).
- Place a spring onion on the chopping board and trim the spring onion greens so as to get even sized green.
- On the spring onion greens, make long slits at 1 cm. Interval using a knife. Cut the spring onion in a way that the greens are yet intact. Discard the spring onion white.
- Separate the slits of the spring onion green slightly with your fingers so that they spread out slightly.
- Attach the spring onion greens to the drumstick using pins at regular intervals.
- This is how it looks like when complete after attaching all the radish blooms and spring onions greens.
- Make another gladioli stem using beetroot flowers, arrange these gladioli (made with beetroot and radish both) in a flower vase. Believe me it looks like real flowers.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.