by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 4 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3611 times
Gingerbread cookies, which remind children of the “Gingerbread Man” they have read in their fairy tales books is a must-bake recipe for Christmas !
With the zesty flavour of ginger and spices, these cookies are just right for the winter season. They leave a warm flavour lingering on your palate, and a comforting warmth in your heart too!
You can make the cookies in any shape you desire, but to match the original, cut them in the shape of small gingerbread men (you get readymade cookie cutters in this shape), and let your kids make the icing in the form of eyes, nose, collar and buttons on the figure after the cookies are baked!
Lots of good fun and a memorable flavour make the Gingerbread Cookie an all-time favourite across the world!
- Combine the butter, brown sugar and honey in a deep bowl and mix well using a whisk for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the baking powder, baking soda, dried ginger powder, cinnamon powder, cloves powder and nutmeg powder and mix well using a whisk.
- Add the plain flour, mix well and knead it into a dough. Do not add any water.
- Cover it with a lid and refrigerate it for 30 minutes.
- Place the dough on a flat, dry surface dusted with plain flour and roll into a 200 mm. (8") diameter circle.
- Cut it using a cookie cutter, in desired shape.
- Keep doing till the dough is over and you get 26 cookies in total.
- Place 13 cookies on a baking tray and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 180°c (360° f) for 12 minutes.
- Repeat step 8 to bake one more batch. Cool completely. Keep aside.
- Combine the sugar and water in a small bowl and mix well.
- Pour it in a small piping bag.
- Place all the cookies, on a clean dry surface and decorate it using the icing as desired.
- Allow it to dry for 10 minutes.
- Serve immediately or store it in an airtight container.
GingerBread Cookies (Christmas Special Recipe) by Tarla Dalal
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per cookie
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.