Ginger Lime Sherbet
by Foodie #48100
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6765 times
Cool yourself with the refreshing and ginger flavoured beverage recipe, Ginger lime sherbet . The ginger helps to improve your digestive functions and the sherbet is also a great way of adding lost electrolytes in your diet during summers.
- Wash, peel and grind ginger to a fine paste.
- Add 2 tsbp. water, pass through a clean muslin cloth to extract juice.
- Dissolve sugar in one cup water on low heat.
- Add ginger and lime juice after sugar has dissolved.
- Heat till mixture boils (approx. 5 minutes).
- Remove from and heat and cool till warm.
- Pour into clean sterile bottle.
- Refrigerate and use as concentrate, when required.
- To proceed:
- Pour 2-3 tbsp. of concentrate in a 300 ml. glass.
- Put 5-6 icecubes finely crushed and stir well.
- Fill remaining space by pour water, stir and serve.
- Add 3 tsbp. of concentrate to 300 ml. chilled water.
- Whizz with an electrical hand blender, till frothy.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie #48100 on 01 Feb 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.