Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 4237 times
Discover the secret of preparing delicious , hot, soft marshmallows with this wonderful marshmallow recipe. Prepare your own marshmallows at home and serve them as a snack or as a dessert with a filling or topping of your choice.
Add your private note
Ginger Cake recipe - How to make Ginger Cake
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
2 cups flour(all purpose)
1 cup brown sugar(or confectioners sugar)
1/2 cup butter(room temprature)2 eggs
1 teaspoon groundginger1 clove (laung / lavang), powdered1/2 tsp cinnamon (dalchini) powder
3/4 cup of milk
1 tablespoon candied cherries
1 1/2 tablespoon cocoa powder
1 teaspoon of vanilla(1-2 drops of vanilla essence)1/4 tsp salt
1 tablespoon of baking powder
(minced ginger, roasted nuts can be added)
- Preheat oven to 177 degrees celsius and place rack in centre of oven, butter and flour cake pan, set aside.
- Mix flour, salt, groundcinnamon, groundclove,groundginger, cocoa powder and baking powder in a bowl.
- In an another bowl mix butter and sugar and blend(one minute), add eggs one by one blending well after each addition.
- Then add the mixture of flour and other dried ingredients and milk to it alternately beginning and ending with dry ingredients.add candied cherries.
- Beat well till incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan and smooth the top with an offset spatula.bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted to the cake comes out clean.remove from oven and let cake cool for 10 minutes before removing from cake pan.
- Let cool completely and dust top with confectioners sugar.
- Can be served warm or at room temprature with softly whipped cream or with one teaspoon of honey per stuck.
This recipe was contributed by hirse on 24 Jan 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.