Ghiya Ke Kofte
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25196 times
The innovative ghia ke koftas or grated bottlegoud(ghiya or lauki) stuffed dumplings are cooked in a spicy thick onion-tomato based gravy. The gram flour or besan blended ghia koftas are fried and simmered in the curry for this delicious recipe.
- Mix together the grated bottle gourd, salt, ginger, green chillies,
- Coriander leaves, black pepper, asafoetida and gram flour.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-based pan and drop about a tbsp of the mixture
- Into it. continue to drop tablespoons of the mixture into the hot oil. put
- In as many as the pan will hold comfortably. lower the heat and fry till
- Golden brown and set aside till required.
- Heat the clarified butter in a pan. add the cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- When the seeds splutter, add the ginger and sauté till light brown. add 1
- Tbsp yoghurt and stir vigorously till the water is absorbed and the fat
- Separates. then add the rest of the yoghurt in 3 more instalments and
- Follow the same procedure. stir so that the mixture does not curdle.
- Add the poppy seed paste, coriander powder, salt, chilli powder, garam
- Masala and turmeric. sauté at medium heat till it is well fried and
- The fat separates.
- Add about 3 cups of water and bring to a boil. simmer for about 10
- Minutes. add the koftas and simmer for another 2 minutes. serve
- Hot, garnished with malai and coriander leaves.
This recipe was contributed by bhuvanaygsr on 29 Apr 2002
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.