Ghia Kofta Curry
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 69 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 31857 times
Kofta are an all-time favourite among punjabis and the dish owes its worldwide fame to them. Kofta is a versatile dish, with many variations; almost any vegetable can be transformed into a kofta dish. The most popular among these is the malai kofta. Kofta can be steamed, deep fried, or baked. Try whichever way suits you best. Ghia and papita kofta are authentically punjabi and not too well-known outside of the state. Try this recipe, straight from the kitchens of punjab. . .
- Squeeze the bottle gourd till all the water drains out.
- Add all the remaining ingredients, mix well and divide into 8 equal sized oval shaped koftas.
- Heat the oil in a kadai and deep-fry the koftas in it till they are golden brown.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in pan, add the cashewnuts and sauté till they turn golden brown.
- Remove the cashewnuts, drain out the oil and blend them to a smooth paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the same pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When they crackle, add the onions and sauté till they turn translucent.
- Add the garlic, ginger and green chillies and sauté for another minute.
- Add the coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric powder and tomatoes and 1 1/2 cups of water and cook till the oil separates from the gravy.
- Add the prepared browned cashewnut paste, punjabi garam masala, cream and salt and bring to boil.
- Add the koftas to the gravy and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
Nutrient values per serving
|Vitamin A||463.2 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0.2 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin B3||1 mg|
|Vitamin C||24.4 mg|
|Folic Acid||31.5 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.