Ghee Rice By pearlie
This recipe has been viewed 9871 times
Ghee rice presents a mouthwatering traditional Indian rice recipe with the whole spices stir fried in ghee and then added to the basmati rice along with fried onion, raisins, cashews and then served hot with curry of your choice.
- Heat ghee and fry cinnamon cloves and cardamom for a minute.
- Add onion, green chilli, ginger garlic paste and fry till the onion is light brown.
- Now add the rice and fry for 3 minutes.
- Add salt and boiling water to the rice.
- When the rice is 3/4th done stir it once, sprinkle the fried onion,raisin and cashew cover it and cook on medium low heat for 1minute.
- Garnish with fried onions, bread pcs, & cashewnuts.
This recipe was contributed by pearlie on 28 Feb 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.