Ghee Rice By aarthishantosh
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 5594 times
A simple yet delicious rice dish complimented by ghee. Serve it with some spicy vegetable kurma or gravy.
- Soak the rice in water for ten minutes.
- Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a pressure pan and add all the spices and fry for some time.
- Add the cut onions and fry till they are transparent.
- Add the slit green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry till a nice smell comes out.
- Add potatoes,carrots,capsicum and fry well.
- Add salt as required.
- Now add the soaked rice and fry for a minute.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well.
- Close the pan and leave one whistle so that the rice is fine and will not become smashed.
- Let it cool and finally add chopped coriander and fried cashews for garnishing.
This recipe was contributed by aarthishantosh on 15 Dec 2006
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.