This recipe has been viewed 4173 times
Enjoy this dessert and you will not want anything else. Loaded with rich nuts and goodness of khoya this will surely be treat for diwali or any other festival and it will get you lots of praises too.
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Use water as per requirement and knead into a soft dough.
- Cover the dough with moist kitchen towel and let it rest for 1/2 hr.
- Take a pan and heat it up.
- Add 1 tsp of ghee and add khoya to it and roast it on slow flame with continuous stirring until the khoya turns pinkish .
- Remove it in a bowl and let it cool completely .
- When it is completely cooled add rest of ingredients and mix well .
- You can add or reduce sugar as per your taste.
- Knead the dough well until smooth and soft.
- Divide it into equal sized medium balls and keep them covered with moist towel.
- Take one ball and roll out a medium sized thin poori.
- Put a spoonful of stuffing in centre of it and gather all the sides together to form a potli/kachori .Make sure to stuff it nicely and when you are gathering it air should not stay inside.
- Gently press the potli so that it will look like thick peda.
- Repeat the same with other balls and keep them covered under moist towel.
- Deep fry them in ghee on slow flame till the outer part is pink in color and feels like a bit crispy .
- If you don't want artificial colours then you can replace it with 7-8 strands of saffron
This recipe was contributed by Dhara Mehta on 13 Oct 2014
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.