Added to 6 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2483 times
This dish goes extremely well with plain curds, and is a meal by itself.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the cottage cheese till it turns golden in colour, remove on an absorbent paper. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a pressure-cooker, add the bayleaf, cinnamon, cloves and cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds start crackling add the onions and saute till it turns pink in colour.
- Add the vegetables, rice, chilli powder, garam masala, salt and water, stir well and cover with lid.
- Cook for 3 whistles. Remove from the flame add the fried cottage cheese and toss it gently.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander and ghee.
This recipe was contributed by apeksha on 18 Nov 2010
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.