Ges, Curd Rice Jain Recipe
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
This recipe has been viewed 3981 times
Ges is the Jain version of curd rice, made with cooked rice and curds.
The cooked rice is combined with a mixture of curds and water, and cooked together till the right consistency is obtained. At this step, it is very important to cook on a slow flame, otherwise it will curdle.
This a light and soothing food, ideal to have for dinner. It tastes awesome when served with tongue-tickling accompaniments like Methia No Masala .
Add your private note
Ges, Curd Rice Jain Recipe recipe - How to make Ges, Curd Rice Jain Recipe
Soaking time: 30 minutes Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Soak the rice in enough water for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Combine the rice, salt and 1½ cups of water in a pressure cooker, mix well and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Allow the steam to escape before opening the lid. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, salt and 2 cups of water in a deep bowl and whisk well.
- Combine the cooked rice and the curd-water mixture into a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4 to 5 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot with methia no masala.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.