Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 13483 times
A gehun kheer recipe with gehun or whole wheat as ingredients. The kheer are typically prepared with rice, so this gehun kheer recipe brings a nice twist to the traditional kheer recipe. The wheat is much richer in fiber and lower in glycemic index and hence a preferred choice over rice for diabetics.
- Clean, wash and soak the wheat in enough water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a deep pan boil the milk and simmer till the milk becomes thick.
- Blend the wheat in a mixer coarsely and add to the milk and mix well.
- Add the sugar and add it to the milk and mix well and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the cardamon powder,saffron and slices of pistachio and almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by bhavanapp on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.