Gavarfali with Bajra Dhokli
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 54 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 25261 times
Gavarfali and bajra, the two fibre rich ingredients have been combined to make this mouth-watering delicacy. Served hot with phulkas to make a hearty and healthy meal.
- Combine all the ingredients together and mix well.
- Add a little warm water and knead into firm dough.
- Divide into 20 equal portions and shape them into rounds.
- Press each portion into a flat circle by pressing between your palms. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil and add the cumin seeds and ajwain.
- When they crackle, add the gavarfali and salt and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and simmer for 10 to 12 minutes till the gavarfali is soft.
- Add the dhoklis into the simmering vegetable and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the dhoklis are cooked. Add ½ cup of warm water if required to adjust the consistency.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.