Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi ( Rajasthani)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 151 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 135872 times
Is it the magic of our Indian everyday spices, or the methods of preparation, that make the Gavarfali ki Sukhi Subzi so delicious? Find out for yourself! A masaledar preparation of cluster beans, made with common ingredients you are sure to have in your kitchen, like ginger, green chillies, cumin seeds, garlic, and all. While making this dry subzi, remember to add the ingredients in the mentioned order, to ensure that the aroma and flavour of the vegetable and each spice and powder is retained to the hilt, to enthrall your taste buds!
- Combine the cluster beans, baking soda and enough water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes, while stirring occasionally. Drain and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the ginger-green chilli paste and garlic and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Add the onions and sauté on a medium flamefor 2 minutes.
- Add the cooked cluster beans, turmeric powder, coriander powder, mustard powder, chilli powder and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
- Serve hot.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.