Gavarfali Ki Subzi
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 91 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 52139 times
Gavarfali (cluster beans) are rich in iron, folic acid, calcium and are an excellent source of fibre. All these are very important nutrients and are present in good quantities in this humble vegetable. This Rajasthani recipe is very healthy and delicious too!! The addition of curds enhances the calcium as well as the protein levels of the recipe.
- String the gavarfali by removing the ends and edged fibre.
- Pressure cook the gavarfali in 1 cup of water for 2 whistles. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, coriander powder, chilli powder, gram flour and salt and whisk well.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, asafoetida and fennel seeds.
- Add the curd mixture, curry leaves, 2 tablespoons of water and salt and stir continuously.
- Let the mixture simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the gavarfali along with the water used to pressure cook it. and mix well.
- Cook the subzi for a few minutes more.
- Serve hot with rotis.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.