Gavarfali Bajra Dhokli ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 45 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21724 times
Gavarfali bajra dhokli, two fibre-rich ingredients – gavarfali (cluster beans) and bajra – come together in this delicious recipe, making it a really healthy treat! serve hot with phulkas. String and boil the cluster beans before use.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into firm dough using enough warm water.
- Divide the dough into 20 equal portions and shape them into rounds.
- Press each portion into a flat circle by pressing between your palms. Cover and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds and carom seeds.
- When they crackle, add the cluster beans and salt and sauté on a medium flame for a few minutes.
- Add 3 cups of water, ginger-green chilli paste, turmeric powder and sugar and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the cluster beans are soft, stirring once in between.
- Add the bajra dhoklis and simmer for 5 to 7 minutes till the dhoklis are cooked. (add ½ cup of warm water if required to adjust the consistency. )serve hot.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.