Gatte ki Swadisht Kadhi
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6153 times
Gatte ki kadhi. . . "gatte" are gram flour dumplings that are spiced up with dry masalas and then steamed and cut into small bite sized pieces. They are used to make a wide variety of dishes like subji, pulao etc. This dish is made using a yoghurt based gravy and dry masalas to create a mouth-watering recipe that will complement both rice and parathas. Another version of the gatte ki kadhi is made using an onion and tomato based gravy is usually prepared in the winter when vegetables are easily available.
- Combine all the ingredients for the gattas and knead into a firm dough using 1 to 2 tbsp of water.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3") long cylindrical roll.
- Boil enough water in a deep pan, add the gattas and cook for 7 to 8 minutes. Drain and cut the gattas into 12 mm. (½") long pieces. Keep aside.
- Combine the beaten curds, gram flour, ½ cup of water and curry leaves and whisk well so that no lumps remain.
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, fennel seeds, asafoetida, bay leaf, clove, cinnamon and cardamom.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add the curd mixture, 1 cup of water and salt and bring to a boil while stirring continuously, so that the kadhi does not split. Keep aside.
- Add the prepared gattas to the kadhi and bring to a boil. Garnish with coriander and serve hot with rice or parathas.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Sep 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.