Gatte ki Sabji By Sonyadoshi
Added to 13 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 21435 times
A rajasthani cuisine special curry recipe, gatte ki sabji brings forth the typical marwari cuisine style of cooking. The steamed gram flour or besan gattas are simmered in a buttermilk laden spicy kadhi and enjoyed with rice.
- Combine the besan, onions, green chilli paste, salt, ginger, garlic paste, carom seeds and ghee and rub using your plams for a minute.
- Knead with the curds into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small banana like sticks and cook in boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain, cool and cut into 1" pieces,preserving the remaining water.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onion paste and dry spices and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree, the remaining water, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the prepared gattas, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sonyadoshi on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.