Gatte ki Sabji By Sgambhir
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10035 times
A rajasthani preparation, gatte ki sabji brings forth a traditional recipe with steamed gram flour or besan gattas. The curd based gravy blends well with besan gattas and is tempered with ghee, mustard seeds, green chillies and hing. A nutritious and easy to digest main course marwari dish.
- Combine the besan, onions, green chilli paste, salt, ginger, garlic paste, carom seeds and ghee and rub using your plams for a minute.
- Knead with the curds into a stiff dough.
- Divide the dough into small banana like sticks and cook in boiling water for about 30 minutes.
- Drain, cool and cut into 1" pieces,preserving the remaining water.
- Heat the ghee in a pan, add the onion paste and dry spices and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the tomato puree, the remaining water, mix well and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the prepared gattas, mix well and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
This recipe was contributed by sgambhir on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.