Gatte ki Sabji By Margi8980
Added to 20 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 29632 times
Gatte ki sabji is a popular and all-time favorite marwari recipe with besan or gram flour based steamed dumplings simmered in buttermilk laden tangy gravy. Enjoy the gatter ki subzi with bajra roti or rice.
- Take enough water in a kadhai and bring to boil on a slow flame.
- Combine the besan, 2 tbsp oil, salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder in a bowl and mix well and knead into a hard dough.
- Divide the dough into small equal portions and roll into 5-6 inches small rounds.
- Boil in the boiling water for 6-7 minutes.
- Remove and cool for 2 minutes.
- Cut each roll into small pieces of 2" using a knife. Keep aside.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, red chilli powder and turmeric powder.
- Add the curds and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the prepared gattas, salt, coriander-cumin seeds powder and the remaining water, mix well and cook on a slow flame for 4-5 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by margi8980 on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.