Gatte ki Kadhi ( Know Your Flours )
by Tarla Dalal
4/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 92 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 36372 times
Gatte ki kadhi, straight from the kitchens of rajasthan, this dish involves gram flour dumplings flavoured with dry spices, which are steamed and then dunked into a yoghurt based curry. Enjoy this exotic dish either with puris or steamed rice.
- Combine all the ingredients together in a bowl and knead into a firm dough using 1 to 2 tbsp of water.
- Divide the mixture into 8 equal portions and shape each portion into a 75 mm. (3") long cylindrical roll.
- Boil plenty of water in a broad pan, add the rolls in it and cook them for 7 to 8 minutes till they float on top.
- Drain and cut each roll into 12 mm. (½") pieces. Keep aside.
- Combine the curds, besan, curry leaves and in a bowl and mix well.
- Add 1 ½ cups of water and mix well so that no lumps remain. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the fennel seeds, asafoetida, bayleaf, clove, cinnamon and cardamom, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander powder and stir for a few seconds.
- Add the besan-curds mixture and salt and bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Lower the flame, add the prepared gattas and cook for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring continuously. Serve hot garnished with coriander.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.