Gatta Tomato Soup
by Rehana Khambaty
This recipe has been viewed 2496 times
A delicious and unique soup made with a combination of rajasthani gattas and traditional tomato soup!
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and knead into a stiff dough, using water only if required.
- Roll the dough into a cylindrical and keep aside.
- Boil 2 cups water in a deep pan, add the dough and cook for 4 minutes.
- Remove from water, cool and cut into small pieces.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the gattas till they turn golden brown and crisp from all the sides.
- Drain on an absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add asafoetida, mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the curry leaves, dal along with the water, tomatoes, coriander seeds powder, pepper, cumin seeds powder, tamarind pulp, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the coriander, mix well and cook for a more 2 mins.
- Add the gattas and bring to boil.
- Serve hot with rice or as soup.
This recipe was contributed by Rehana Khambaty on 09 Dec 2011Basically I am a food lover and also love to try out new recipes. I have won many contests in India ...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.