by Tarla Dalal
Added to 85 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10747 times
Fruits inside, fruits outside, and a dash of rich whipped cream to hold them together! Well, as the name suggests Gateau Citronella is a dessert that features ample citrus fruits like kiwi, orange and sweet lime sandwiched between cream-coated, sugar-soaked vanilla sponge cake. Layering the sponge with Chantilly cream, which is sweetened whipped cream, works like magic in imparting a creamy texture to every mouthful. Refrigerating the arrangement for a while is essential for the fruity filling and garnish to set. Continue to store it in the fridge till serving, to ensure that the fruits remain fresh.
- Combine all ingredients in a deep bowl and fold gently.
- Divide the chantilly cream into 3 equal portions and keep aside.
- Slice the vanilla sponge cake horizontally into 3 equal layers.
- Place the bottom layer of the vanilla sponge cake on a turntable or serving plate and sprinkle ? of the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread 1 portion of the chantilly cream evenly over the cake.
- Top with ½ the fruits and place the middle layer of the vanilla sponge cake over it.
- Sprinkle another ? of the soaking syrup evenly over it.
- Spread the 2nd portion of the chantilly cream evenly over it.
- Top with the remaining ½ of the fruits and place the topmost layer of the vanilla sponge cake over it.
- Sprinkle the remaining ? of the soaking syrup evenly over it and spread the remaining chantilly cream evenly over it.
- Garnish with mixed fruits and refrigerate for 1 hour or till set.
- Cut the cake into 6 equal wedges and serve chilled.
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.