Garma garam namkeen
by Spl. Educator -Latha
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 8094 times
crispy tasty bites which may be served as starters, and makes a nutritious kids snack box treat.
Add your private note
Garma garam namkeen recipe - How to make Garma garam namkeen
Cooking Time: Total Time:
To be ground:
1Tbspn roasted Sesame seed
1 Tspn peeled sunflower seeds
a small piece of ginger
2 pods garlic
1/2 inch piece of ginger
For the outer coating:
1 Tbspn wheat flour
1 Tspn maida
2 Tbspn ground oats
100 gms baby corn ( sliced )
50 gms soya chunks (soaked and squeezed dry )
1/4 Tspn chilly powder
2 Tspns tomato sauce
1/4 Tspn baking powder salt to taste
- Grind to fine paste the ingredients like sesame seeds, garlic, ginger, sunflower seeds
- Adding little salt,tomato sauce andwater if necessary.
- in a vessel add the ground masala, mix all the flours,baking powder into it,sprinkle little water if necessary.
- Then gently drop in the sliced baby corn, and the soya chunks,see that they get coated well.
- heat oil in a pan,fry these pieces to a golden colour.drain and serve while hot.
- For weight watchers: the same may be done by spreading those pieces,and place it on a tray.spray some oil on these vegetables and let it bake for at least 20mins. inbetween toss the pieces to get evenly cooked.
This recipe was contributed by Spl. Educator -Latha on 14 Feb 2003A proud mother with a happy family of elders,sons,daughter-i-laws,grandchildren, relatives & friends...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.