Garlic mysore rasam
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 1111 times
Add your private note
Garlic mysore rasam recipe - How to make Garlic mysore rasam
Cooking Time: Total Time:
2 tsp toor dal
1 1/2 tsp jeera
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp dhania seeds
2 red chillies
2 tsp grated coconut
lemon size ball of tamarind
3 big tomatoes
1 pinch of ginger
6 big cloves of garlic
3 tsp rasam pwd
salt, hing to taste
1 tsp mustard seeds, jeera, curry leaves, coriander leaves
1 cup cooked toor dal
- Dry roast toor dal, jeera, dhaniya seeds, pepper, red chillies and grated coconut
- Grind together with tomatoes, ginger, curry leaves, coriander leaves, hing and rasam pwd
- Add tamarind water to this paste and add salt as per taste
- Bring this mixture to a boil and add garlic cloves sauteed in ghee
- Add water to cooked toor dal and allow the dal to settle
- Add only dal water to the rasam and allow it to simmer for 5-7 mins
- In a small kadai, heat 1 tsp oil and 1 tsp ghee together.
- Add mustard seeds and jeera. when they begin to splutter, add hing and curry leaves add this tempering to the rasam.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Foodie#391031 on 14 Nov 2007
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.