Added to 5 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2445 times
Garlic soup brings out the taste, flavour and health benefits of the garlic. The garlic is a great herb when it comes to protecting against heart diseases and lowering cholesterol and hence this garlic soup should feature in your menu list.
- Preheat the oven to 350 f(180c or4g).
- Combine vegetable broth,garlic and parsley in a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil,reduce the heat and simmer for about 25 mins.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the bread by brushing each side with oil. reserve 1 to 2 tbsps oil for sauteing the garlic.
- Place the bread on the baking sheet and toast in the oven for 5 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Heat the remaining olive oil in a skillet and sautee the peeled garlic cloves in oil until golden brown.
- Discard the garlic.stir the paprika and cumin into the hot oil and remove the skillet immediately from heat.
- Add the spiced oil to the soup pot and simmer briefly.
- Taste and correct seasoning.
- Break up the toasted bread and put it into individual soup bowls.
- Pour the hot garlic broth over the bread.
- Garnish with additional parsley and paprika.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by ggangs on 07 Jun 2001
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.