Garlic Rasam By Rekhapalnitkar
Added to 7 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3135 times
Garlic rasam brings a nice garlic flavour to the other wise tangy rasam recipe. The garlic paste adds to the zing of this tomato based lentil soup recipe and is best enjoyed as soup or with steamer rice.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and saute till they turn golden brown. Remove and keep aside.
- In the same oil, add the coriander seeds, chana dal, red chillies, cumin seeds and curry leaves and saute for 2 minutes.
- Remove, cool and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Boil the tamarind water in a deep pan till raw taste disappears.
- Add the sauteed garlic and ground masala, mix well and simmer on a slow flame for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and keep aside.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee and add the red chillies and saute for 1 minute.
- Add this to the rasam, mix well and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by rekhapalnitkar on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.