Garlic Flavoured Rasam
Added to 10 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 3289 times
Presenting garlic flavoured south indian recipe for garlic rasam which can be relished as a flavoursome hot soup or a curry with steamed rice.
- Combine the tomatoes, garlic and half of curry leaves and blend in a mixer till smooth.
- Transfer in a deep pan, add the tamarind water , salt, rasam powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander seeds powder, half of coriander leaves, curry leaves, a little hing and a cup of water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15-20 minutes or till the mixture has reduced to half.
- Add the toovar dal mixed with 1 and a half cups of water and mix well.
- Add the coriander and when the dal starts boiling, remove form the flame.
- For the tempering, heat the ghee in a small pan and add the cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida and red chilli and saute for 10 seconds.
- Add this to the rasam and mix well.
- Serve hot with rice.
This recipe was contributed by draarthi on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.