Garlic Dough Balls
by Aditya Vikram Shah
Added to 24 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6604 times
- In warm water, mix sugar and yeast and let it rest for 2 minutes.
- Mix the plain flour and salt.
- Add oil and the water mixture to the flour.
- Knead for 10 minutes by hand till it becomes elastic.
- Place the ball of dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with plastic wrap or moist kitchen towel and let it rise for 1 hour or till it doubles in volume.
- Then punch down the dough and use as required.
- Cut the pizza dough into equal pieces. Roll each piece into a log and cut into tiny pillows.
- Roll each piece between your palms to form small balls of dough.
- Place the balls in a well greased baking pan at least 1/4 of an inch apart from each other.
- Cover the baking pan and let it rest for 20-25 minutes. The balls will have puffed up.
- Meanwhile, mix grated garlic with melted butter.
- Preheat your oven to 200c/400f.
- Brush all the balls with the garlic butter (if any garlic pieces are left behind, place them on any of the balls).
- If you like, sprinkle your favorite herb on top of the balls.
- Bake them at 200 degree Celsius for 20 minutes or until the balls are golden brown and fully cooked through.
- Serve hot with any sauce of your choice or with some kind of soup for a whole meal.
- Make sure the mixture of yeast bubbles up when you mix it with warm water. This process is called “activating” the yeast
This recipe was contributed by Aditya Vikram Shah on 20 Jul 2013I like to read books, listening to soft music and riding my bike along the river banks while its rai...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.