Garlic Bread Strips
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 43 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 10748 times
Here come pizzeria-style Garlic Bread Strips, delightfully baked in your own kitchen! With a buttery, garlicky taste, this bread is a ideal to serve at parties.
Kids will also relish having these Garlic Bread Strips with a nice cheesy dip. This bread has a strong and attractive flavour because garlic, herbs and spices are used in the dough, which is once again lined with garlic butter and topped with a spice mixture before baking.
It is important to serve these Garlic Bread Strips immediately after baking to enjoy the soft texture and vibrant flavour.
You can also try other recipes like Cheesy Bread Fingers and Cheesy Garlic Pull Apart French Bread .
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp lukewarm water in a small bowl, mix well cover it with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, garlic, oregano, butter, chilli flakes, yeast-water mixture and salt, mix well and knead it into a soft dough using enough warm water.
- Transfer the dough into a greased bowl and cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 1 hour.
- Combine all the ingredients in a mortal pestle (khalbatta) and pound till coarse. Keep aside.
- Dust a clean dry surface with little maize flour, place the dough over it and knead it till smooth.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle using a little maize flour for rolling.
- Spread ½ of the garlic butter mixture on one side of the circle, leaving the edges.
- Cover it with the other half of the dough to make a semi-circle and press it well to seal the edges completely.
- Repeat step 3 to 5 to make one more garlic bread.
- Place them on a baking tray, cover it with a damp muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Slit vertically each garlic bread slightly at regular intervals using a sharp knife.
- Brush 2 tsp of melted butter over each garlic bread.
- Sprinkle the prepared spice mixture evenly over them, and bake it in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 25 minutes.
- Once baked, brush 2 tsp of melted butter over each garlic bread.
- Separate them along the slits to get strips and serve immediately.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per garlic bread
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.