by HumptyDumpty Kitchen
This recipe has been viewed 4262 times
A colourful rice that is easy to whip up, quite flavourful, nutritious and bound to be a favourite option for tiffin. It can be packed for lunch on its own with just some fried crisps as accompaniment.
Add your private note
Garden Rice recipe - How to make Garden Rice
Preparation Time:    Cooking Time:    Total Time:
Makes 4 servings
- Heat up a pan with some oil or a combination of butter and oil.
- Sputter the whole spices in it and add the ginger garlic paste.
- Stir around till the raw smell goes and add the rice and sauté for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chilli flakes and then add stock or stock and water combination.
- Bring to a boil and cook covered on a medium flame till the rice gets done, but not overcooked.
- Cool off the rice and keep aside.
- Heat a pan with some oil/butter and add the garlic and sauté till the raw smell goes and add all the veggies except the green parts of scallions.
- Add salt and cook covered for some time and then sauté with the lid removed till the veggies get done.
- Just before switching off, add the reserved scallions and mix well.
- Just mix everything carefully, taking care not to break up the rice.
- Serve with fried crisps/salads and/or sides.
This recipe was contributed by HumptyDumpty Kitchen on 08 Aug 2013
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.