Ganthia Nu Shaak ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
5/5 stars 100% LIKED IT
Added to 202 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 112120 times
Although this unusual dish is typically a jain preparation, it fits well into any gujarati menu as the gujaratis simply love ganthias! since it is made with a readymade snack, ganthia nu shaak is ready in a jiffy and is ideal for those days when you need to cook in a hurry, or when you open the fridge and find—to your dismay—that the vegetable rack is empty!
- Heat the oil in a non-stick kadhai and add the cumin seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the turmeric powder, chilli powder and 1½ cups of water and mix well.
- Add the curds mixture and salt, mix well and bring to boil.
- Just before serving, add the ganthia and mix well.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Ganthia is a crisp, deep-fried snack made from spiced besan paste. It is readily available in the market.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per serving
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.