by Mathivanan Devadoss
This recipe has been viewed 4671 times
A deliciously flavoured south indian delicacy made using toovar dal and flavoured with tangy tamarind and spices.
- Boil the dal along with turmeric in enough water, till 3/4th cooked.
- Add the drumsticks, 1/2 of the onions and curry leaves and boil till the dal is completely cooked. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep pan and add the mustard seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- When the seeds crackle, add the 1/2 of the onions, tomatoes and tamarind water, mix well and bring to boil.
- Add the powdered masala and salt and mix well.
- Add the jaggery, mix well and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Serve hot garnished with coriander.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was contributed by Mathivanan Devadoss on 30 Aug 2011I am an Indian Chartered Accountant, living in Saudi Arabia working for a bank as AGM.
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.