Galouti Kebab On Crispy Naan
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 23 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6312 times
The Galouti Kebab on Crispy Naan is an appetizer with such an attractive appearance and awesome flavour that it will capture everybody’s attention.
It does involve a bit of effort but it is not difficult per se, and is surely worth the time you put in. More so, if you are serving it at a party because you will be repaid with immense compliments!
Here, bite-sized pieces of naan are topped with galouti kebabs, made of blended rajma, brown onion paste and masalas, and finally crowned with a creamy topping of curds, mayonnaise and mint.
The interplay of flavours and textures is just too good, and this starter will surely steal the show.
Try other starter recipes for parties like Ravioli Samosa or Malai Paneer Mixed Sesame Seed Balls .
- Combine the rajma and ¼ cup of water in a mixer and blend it till smooth.
- Transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add all the remaining ingredients and mix very well using your hands.
- Divide the mixture into 20 equal portions.
- Grease a non-stick tava (griddle) with ½ tbsp of ghee and allow it to heat.
- Meanwhile dip all your fingers of one hand in a bowl of water, take a portion of the mixture on your fingers and pat it lightly using your thumb to form a 25 mm. (1”) diameter flat kebab and place it immediately on the hot greased tava.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to make 9 more kebabs.
- Cook all 10 kebabs, on a medium flame, till they turn golden brown in colour from both the sides.
- Repeat steps 4 to 7 to cook 10 more kebabs in one more batch. Keep aside.
- Combine the yeast, sugar and 2 tbsp of lukewarm water in a bowl, mix well and cover with a lid and keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Combine the plain flour, yeast-sugar mixture, curds and salt in a deep bowl, mix well and knead into a soft dough, using enough lukewarm water.
- Cover the dough with a lid or wet muslin cloth and keep aside for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 2 equal portions.
- Roll a portion of the dough into 175 mm. (7”) diameter circle.
- Sprinkle little sesame seeds evenly over it, and roll again into 200 mm. (8”) diameter circle.
- Cut into 5 equal circles using a cookie cutter of approx. 37 mm. (1½“) diameter.
- Repeat steps 5 to 7 to make more circles. Keep doing till the dough is over and you get 20 circles in total.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook 5 naan on one side till it puffs slightly.
- Turnover and cook it on the other side till it puffs a little and brush little butter evenly on both the sides and cook again till it is crisp on a medium flame for 2 minutes. Keep aside.
- Repeat steps 9 and 10 to cook the remaining 15 naans. Keep aside.
- Place a naan on a clean and dry surface, place a kebab over it and finally put a little topping over it.
- Repeat step 1 to assemble the remaining galouti kebab on crispy naan.
- Serve immediately.
Nutrient values per piece
|Vitamin A||98.5 mcg|
|Vitamin B1||0 mg|
|Vitamin B2||0 mg|
|Vitamin B3||0.1 mg|
|Vitamin C||0.7 mg|
|Folic Acid||0.6 mcg|
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.