Gajar ka Halwa Swiss Roll
by chandni sitlani
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 1994 times
Layered sweetened mawa mixture and gajar ka halwa rolled like a Swiss roll and cut into pieces make an attractive and tempeting dessert.
- Heat milk in a non-stick kadhai and bring to a boil. Add the grated carrots and cook for at least half an hour, while stirring in between.
- Add the sugar, ghee and mawa, mix well and cook for about 30 minutes, while stirring continuously. The halwa is ready once the mixture leaves the side of the kadhai and the ghee separates.
- Add the cardamom powder and mixed nuts, mix well.
- Keep aside to cool.
- Take mawa in deep bottom pan and mash with the back of spatula and cook on a slow flame, while stirring continuously.
- After 5 minutes add sugar (you can use condensed milk also), mix well and cook on a medium flame, while stirring continuously. Add more sugar if needed.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Once the mixture starts bubbling scrape sides off and keep stirring on high flame until mixture starts to thicken and the moisture has evaporated. Keep aside to cool completely.
- Knead the mawa mixture lightly until smooth.
- Roll out the mawa mixture between two sheets of butter paper to form a thin and even rectangle.
- Remove the upper layer of the butter paper.
- Spread about 11/2 to 2 cups of gajar halwa evenly over the mawa rectangle.
- Carefully lift one end of the butter paper and roll up the layered mawa and gajar ka halwa taking care to see that there are no cracks on the surface. Twist the both sides to seal the edges.
- Roll, cover tightly and refrigerate for 1 hour or till firm and then carefully remove the butter paper.
- Cut into 1" thick rounds with a very sharp knife. Don't cut into thin slices otherwise the filling will fall apart.
- Serve immediately.
This recipe was contributed by chandni sitlani on 30 Aug 2016Hello, my name is chandni sitlani. I lives in ujjain (m.p.) and this city also knows by name mahakal...
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.