Gajar ka Halwa By Smithasrini
Added to 2 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 4900 times
Carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is a north indian sweet dish prepared from grated gajar(or carrots) cooked with sugar, ghee and spices like cardamom. A delicious dessert dish which can be served as a snack or after meal sweet! carrot halwa or gajar ka halwa is a favorite dessert served in north india during winters garnished with chopped nuts.
- Heat the ghee in a kadhai, add the cashews, pistachios and raisins and saute till they turn golden brown.
- Add the carrots and saute till the carrots shrink.
- Add the milk, mix well and cook till the milk is absorbed.
- Remove from the flame, add the sugar and condensed milk and mix well.
- Add the cardmom powder and saute for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot or chilled.
This recipe was contributed by smithasrini on 30 Aug 2011
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.