Gajar Tomato Pulav
Added to 1 cookbook
This recipe has been viewed 3745 times
Try tasty gajar tomato pulav recipe. A rice recipe which is not only delicious but also rich in health. Gajar tomato pulav with grated carrots is easy and tasty
- Wash and soak rice in three cups of water for half an hour. drain and keep aside.
- Peel, wash and chop ginger. peel and wash sambhar onions. wash and chop tomatoes.
- Peel, wash and cut carrots into one centimeter sized cubes. wash and pat dry raisins. crush peppercorns. wash and pat dry curry leaves. clean, wash and chop coriander leaves.
- Heat a non-stick pan and dry roast bay leaf, cinnamon and black cardamoms. add ginger, sambhar onions, tomatoes, carrots and salt. sauté for two to three minutes.
- Add three cups of water and stir. bring to a boil and add curry leaves, drained rice, raisins, crushed peppercorns and tomato puree, stirring gently continuously.
- Mix in lemon juice and fresh coriander leaves.
- Cover and cook on low heat till done.
This recipe was contributed by sumagandlur on 27 Dec 2003
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.