Gajar Marcha Nu Sambhaariyu ( Gujarati Recipe)
by Tarla Dalal
Added to 166 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 43734 times
A delectable accompaniment ready in minutes! carrots and capsicum, sautéed lightly with mustard seeds and tossed in a spicy masala—that’s it! remember that the crunchiness of the vegetables is the unique selling proposition of gajar marcha nu sambhaariyu. So, never overcook the veggies, and consume it fresh before the crispiness sags away! it tastes best when made fresh and can be stored for 4 to 5 days when refrigerated.
- Heat the oil in a broad pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the seeds crackle, add the asafoetida, carrots and capsicums, mix well and sauté on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- Remove from the flame, add the sambhaar and little salt and mix well.
- Serve immediately or store refrigerated in an air-tight container.
- Sambhaar is a coarse real spicy powder made of split yellow mustard seeds and split fenugreek seeds along with indian spices made in most gujarati households. It is also readily available in stores.
Nutrient values (Abbrv) per tbsp
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.