Gajar Halwa By kavitakj
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 6315 times
The popular halwa recipe from the northern sates of India, Gajar halwa has grated carrots or gajar cooked with sugar, khoya and ghee. The gajar ka halwa is typically enjoyed hot with crushed nuts as garnish on a cold winter evening.
- Wash the carrots and grate them
- Heat ghee in a deep bottom pan, add grated carrots to it and saute for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add milk and keep stirring gently.
- Add sugar, mawa and rose essence and continue stirring.
- Cook on a low flame for 30 to 40 minutes.
- When the milk condenses completely, add elaichi
- Powder and mix well .
- Garnish the halwa with cashews, pista and almonds.
This recipe was contributed by kavitakj on 12 Jul 2004
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.