Full Rice Uppuma
Added to 3 cookbooks
This recipe has been viewed 2795 times
Full rice uppuma is prepared in traditional way by cooking together rice with green gram and seasoning it with mustard seeds and green chillies.
- Fry the green gram and rice separately in a kadai (do not add oil).
- It should not become reddish brown
- Wash it in water and strain. keep aside
- Take the pressure pan , add oil and fry the mustard, urad dhal and red chilly
- Add the rice, green gram, water, salt sugar and coconut and pressure cook with the whistle on. switch off after 2 whistles
- Serve hot with tomato or mint chutney
This recipe was contributed by arthiraj on 14 Jun 2005
Know more about this member, Click Here
REGISTER NOW If you are a new user.
Or Sign In here, if you are an existing member.
If your Gmail or Facebook email id is registered with Tarladalal.com, the accounts will be merged. If the respective id is not registered, a new Tarladalal.com account will be created.
Click OK to sign out from tarladalal.
For security reasons (specially on shared computers), proceed to Google and sign out from your Google account.